Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 2 Corinthians 5:17

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Get Your Daily Dose of Crossfit

Malachi and I have joked that when we see people walking into our old gym we feel like we need to run and go tell them about Crossfit. Its almost as if they are poor, lost workout souls and we need to save them somehow from their mundane workout regimen and help them "see the light." Its a little silly but its true really. I never, ever pushed myself as hard as I do now during a workout or do near the amount of crazy exercises either. Before you would have never seen me trying a handstand push up or doing box jump burpees! And all of this insane stuff is really fun, that's the craziest part of all. I look forward to killing myself and pushing the limits every time I walk into the box. There's just something about doing the same workout as everyone else that truly brings a sense of fellowship and makes things less intimidating. It doesn't matter your skill level or how you measure up to the best athletes at the box, everyone is there to encourage and cheer you on until you finish your last rep. I love that about Crossfit.

And I'm not going to lie, its really nice getting a one hour break from all my responsibilities as mommy and wife and just getting to be Shelby. My good friend, Sara, is starting tomorrow morning at our box and I cannot wait to see how she's going to like it. I know she'll do amazing and its going to be fun getting to workout together. I know she'll fall in love with all the great people at Crossfit Strong too!

As for the Whole 30 Challenge, I'm still going strong. I successfully helped throw a Sip n See for my good friend Rachel and did not cave and eat all the yummy food we had prepared. The donut holes smelled so stinking good though. I have been very proud of myself and appreciate all the love and support I've received from Malachi and my friends. I can see a difference in my body and Malachi has commented as well that I'm more toned which is really encouraging. I'm interested to see what my final weight and body fat percentage will be at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment