Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 2 Corinthians 5:17

Friday, January 21, 2011

Not What Its Cracked Up To Be...

So I've been so super sick this week. Sicker than I've ever been, at least as an adult. After the workout on Monday I was very, very sore. Looking back, I did 85 overhead squats at 55 lbs. which is a ton for me. Anyway, I thought I had just over done it and felt really sore and achy but then my throat started hurting and everything went downhill from there. Tuesday night, Wednesday, and yesterday I felt so horrible, had a fever, sore throat, and overall just really achy. I went to the doctor yesterday because my lymph nodes in my throat were so swollen and infected and they think I have mono. I am waiting for the blood work and throat culture to come back but I do not have strep throat or the flu so that's what she thinks it is. I thought this stinking challenge was suppose to bring healing to the body, not sickness!!! The only bright side through all of this is that I made it through three retched days without cheating on my meals. I cannot tell you how badly I wanted a popsicle or ice cream, still do actually. Something sweet and cold would just be magical right now...

Although I have not cheated on my meals, I definitely have not eaten as I should have. My appetite has been pretty much non existent and the thought of tons meat and veggies has made me want to gag. I have eaten some eggs, avocado, and fruit but that's about it. I will let everyone know what the final diagnosis is but I definitely have my doubts about the effectiveness of this challenge. I think I was better off with my sugars and dairy:)

3 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon! Miss you at the gym in the mornings. -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know what they tell you - sounds like Mike had the same thing. Not flu or strep and mono ended up coming back negative!

    ReplyDelete